Monday, June 27, 2011

The Biggest Spider I've Ever Seen...

We were cooking a late dinner on the grill last night when we noticed this monstrosity.



I think this has to be the biggest spider I have ever seen in person. It was definitely bigger than a quarter. Danny trapped it in a glass with a paper plate over it, and it tried to attack him through the glass. We moved it to the other side of the back yard, since it was right under the garage door. I have no idea what kind of spider this is, or if it's poisonous. I'm pretty allergic to spiders, so I think if I got bit by this thing I'd die or something. If anyone could give me an idea as to what kind of spider this is I'd appreciate it. We live in the metro Detroit area. Here is a blown up version of the photo above.




EDIT//
After talking to a couple people, I've found out it's a wolf spider. EW! :(

No comments: