Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Back from Chicago!

I'm back from my trip, and I have so much to share!

My friends and I had plans to go to the Shedd Aquarium on Saturday morning, so we woke up early and took the Metra downtown. We weren't exactly sure what the best way to get to the aquarium was, and after receiving advice from a guy selling water taxi rides, a man sitting at the bus station and a police officer, we decided to just try and walk there.

About halfway there we were stopped by a vendor who offered us a pretzel and hummus sample. It was good timing, because I was ready for a snack. There was a bunch of excitement around us because of the Puerto Rican parade, so I don't remember the brand who was providing the samples, but it was yummy! :]

After a little more walking, we could see the building and knew were almost to our destination...



And as we walked a little closer, we noticed a huge line that wrapped around the whole place. We asked a worker towards the front of the line what was going on, and he told us if we wanted tickets to get inside we'd have to go to the back of the line and wait for about an hour and a half. Uhhh, no thanks! We didn't get to go to the aquarium, but we did get to see this cool man with fish statue.



We walked down some more towards the Adler Planetarium for a good view to take some pictures of the city. I think there was some fog or something, because the visibility wasn't very clear.




We still had lots of time to kill, so we decided to head on over to the Sears Tower (sorry, I refuse to call it the Willis Tower). I've been to it before (when it was still known as the Sears Tower), but they hadn't built the walkout ledges yet when I was there so this was a new experience.

Here are some of the photos I took while we were up there:









That's the roof of the Metropolitan Correctional Center.
You can see the inmates playing basketball.



Not sure what this building is, or why it's so mossy.
I'd be happy to know if anyone has any ideas as to what it is.





Looking down from the ledge.







Thanks for letting me share my trip with you all. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

No comments: